Sunday, February 13, 2011

Suspenseful Seven Sentence Sunday -- Another Scene


I'm sorry I missed last week, but it was actually for a very good reason: I was in the middle of a writing project. As much as I love my fiction work, it is the non-fiction articles and blogs that currently help me pay my portion of the bills, so I have to stay busy. I wanted to go in earlier and find out how to schedule the posts, but I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

At any rate, these seven sentences pick up in the story after Angela was able to escape from the stalker. This is where she first meets the hero who will later make her life one of torture. He puts on a good act for her during the early part of their relationship, but then he turns into someone she doesn't even know.


“Hi, gorgeous! Wanna go for a ride?”

He put the kick stand down to stabilize the bike and leaned back on the sissy bar with his feet propped on its frame.

“I don’t ride with people I don’t know.”

Her heart began beating faster and her rapid breathing almost caused her to hyperventilate. She had one hand on the panic button of her key ring while she held her purchase and purse with her other hand.

“Name’s Joey Spinelli. What’s yours?”



This initial meeting causes Angela to do something that is completely out of character for this level-headed 17 year old honor student, and her relationship with Joey creates havoc at home and causes a great deal of friction between Angela and her parents. As we move forward you will be able to see how Joey begins as a very attentive boyfriend but quickly reveals his true personality beginning with the need to control every move Angela makes. On that note, I will close for this week.

Please continue to follow me on Suspenseful Seven Sentence Sunday to read more of my Work in Progress not only about Angela Massetti and Joey Spinelli but also my novel in progress about an aspiring writer and her rock star boyfriend. Until then Good Night and Sleep Tight.


No comments:

Post a Comment